Sunday, October 8, 2017

Lay Ja Mujhe, Saath Tere

Yesterday when I was leaving NYC, this one song kept on reverberating in my mind. While I document this, it is still on repeat in the background.

The day before all this took place. I drove 6+ hours to an island which is famous (for being so short). I was sleepless and tired but happy and fresh at the same time. I kept on driving without any concrete hope of meeting in person. Once I reached the famous island ( famous for being short). Things calm down for me

It did not take more than 5 minutes of awkwardness to realize how much of:
change, stress, excessive studying, hard work and coping mechanism can rub on a person's face.

The best of all I bursted a couple of myths and asked myself a couple of questions on this trip as well. I never thought I will make a trip like this nor thought how brain play games on me.

The trip was emotional or liberating or just a trip I don't know. However, I do attest to the following, which I never thought I will:

1. Earlier in life, I was told if you pass the age of 23 years or more studying full time without having any prescription glasses. There is no way an individual will get prescription glasses after that phase later on in life. Turns out studying consistently or too much crying can result in having prescription glasses for sure. Some people can pull off everything glasses or no glasses with their beautiful big eyes.

2. Once a stylish person, always a stylish person is a myth. Turns out one can lose their sense of style in 24 months. They say it can be as a result of becoming mature and getting out in the real world when style does not carry any more weight or losing a secret admirer :(.  Trust me, one should not lose their style.  Trust me, secret admirers always remain in secret, if that helps

3. People are always themselves no matter what is not true. It takes at least 15 minutes of conversation and catching up to be yourself when you start getting comfortable with yourself and the person you are with as well.

4. People change with time is not true. People do not change and they should not change for who they are. But often times, being yourself is confused with people becoming stubborn instead.

5. Telepathy is real or not. This is still a question I am struggling with.

6. Love covers everything or not. Two strong personalities or rather two stubborn personalities can co-exist together or not. One has to be dominant over the other and vice versa. How synchronism is attained in such a situation is still a struggling question.

7- Communicating everything is the key. Somethings are better left unsaid. We may never get an answer to the question what to say and what not to say.

8- Think through, think through, think through.... the more you think the more it can be upsetting.

They did not say anything. However, the following lyrics did convey what's going on in their mind.




Tere mere darmiyaan hai baatein ankahi
Tu wahan hai main yahan
Kyun saath hum nahin 
Faisle jo kiye
Faasle hi mile
Rahein judaa kyun ho gayi
Na tu ghalat na main sahi
Le ja mujhe saath tere
Mujhko na rehna saath mere
Le ja mujhe.. le ja mujhe..
Thodi si dooriyan hain
Thodi majburiyan hain
Lekin hai jaanta mera dil
Ho.. Ik din toh aayega
Jab tu laut aayega
Tab phir muskurayega mera dil
Sochta hoon yaheen
Baithe baithe yoonhi
Rahein juda kyun ho gayi
Na tu ghalat na main sahi
Le ja mujhe saath tere
Mujhko na rehna saath mere
Le ja mujhe.. le ja mujhe..
Yaadon se lad raha hoon
Khud se jhaghad raha hoon
Aankhon mein neend hi nahi hai
Ho.. tujhse juda hue toh
Lagta aisa hai mujhko
Duniya meri bikhar gayi hai
Dono ka tha safar
Manzilon pe aakhar
Rahein juda kyun ho gayi
Na tu ghalat na main sahi
Le ja mujhe saath tere
Mujhko na rehna saath mere
Le ja mujhe saath tere
Mujhko na rehna saath mere
Le ja mujhe.. le ja mujhe..

Sun mere Khuda bas itni si meri duaa
Lauta de humsafar mera
Jaayega kuch nahi tera
Tere hi dar pe hoon khada
Jaun toh main jaaun main kahaan
Taqdeer ko badal meri
Mujhpe hoga karam tera..

No comments: