Wednesday, November 1, 2017

El Adobe Mexican Grill

Tonight I traveled to Dallas from Tulsa to attend a business offering and suppliers networking event. I applied for the event last year and forgot. Then I got reminded of it in summer to apply again to be included for an official invite-only exclusive email to come and meet in order show my agency (your) expertise in terms of what can you offer as a company to big players such as Cisco, AT&T, PepsiCo, Ericsson Etc.

I have never been to such an even before nor did I expect to recieve an invite. But for some reason I did , not sure how. So in a rush to reach here. I had to get a couple of portfolio printouts and my offering documents included to be printed last night.

The event will include 400-500 people all across the globe coming to tell corporates that they can offer the same quality and better margins to be chosen as the official supplier for these big corporates.
I am paralyzed at the thought of what to say about my a 1- person agency offering :|  :(

I felt desperate and paralyzed this morning where I could not feel positive about myself. But still, I am taking a chance. I am more thinking about the opportunity and sunk costs which I may have to deal with if nothing positive comes out of it.

After driving 4+ hours back to Dallas, on the way I stopped at a famous little place where I stopped for the first time on my way to AABA conference in Chicago.

What was that place? See it yourself..



Last time with a "companion" salsa was more chunky and tortilla chips were hot and tasty. Tonight chips were cold and Salsa was still the same.

When life is cold and circumstances around you are putting you down. You just have to accept it and keep pushing forward. Even though the tortilla chips are stale and the food did not taste the same.......don't see the hope of getting a contract but I am still pushing on to get myself out of this spiral to get the resources which can help me to get back on my feet and then get back to the same place with the same companion and get warm tortilla and chunky salsa + with the same companion on way to another AABA conference and another long drive one day. I hope one day or maybe it becomes a fiction if not reality.

No comments: