Friday, May 25, 2018

Re: The Bench and it's Past


If a bench has to write it's autobiography...what would it be?

Would the bench explain how many tired legs and exhausted bodies it helped to recover and recharge so that they can continue their life journey after having a quick rest on its strong iron supports?  OR
Would the bench say how many broken hearts and strangers it helped to come closer and closer in real live?

Conventionally in popular culture benches are shown as a symbol of union, socializing and time to relax. If you don't believe me...then...well let's take a look at the famous bench from the very infamous movie ( at least for me) 'Notting Hill'

Take a look below.


When you say nothing at all

The bench from Notting Hill is so famous it is a treasure now. I am not surprised though. 


For June who loved this garden. From Joseph who always sat beside her

Life is like a box of chocolates....


We all have benches similar to Notting Hill style or box of chocolates drama in some part of our lives. You may not realize it now, but sooner or later we happen to experience it.

I happened to experience a similar bench in 2008.  It was a stimulating experience that I captured the bench and its memories well as shown below.

Captured on a random evening in 2008


Captured on a random day in 2008



10 YEARS LATER

 This afternoon I happened to pass by the same route. Unaware,  I realized lives have changed but the bench has remained the same.  In fact with time, the bench has gotten old as well and grew some COMET scars and it has been push back in location and its surroundings have changed a little.


Happy 10th birthday Mr. Bench




I wondered how many lives this bench served over a decade or am I the only one who found it to be special?





I sat on the bench to do some self reflection and felt happy experiencing the comfort provided by the same bench  even after a decade. I decided to capture it on my camera.



First Micro-Expression in Transition


After a couple of minutes truth hit hard on me and my expressions changed.


Steady-state normal expression synchronizing with bench details



At the end I realized the bench is the same, I am the same person but my perspectives have changed. 
The physical presence of objects around us may be a good reminder of the past but it also reminds us to be cognizant of where we come from and where are we going.

Bench was the same, nothing has changed other than the fleeting moments of time which are captured in memories and erased from reality.   

No comments: