Saturday, May 26, 2018

Re: I have learned to laugh at myself

Behavior  change does not happen overnight. If it happens overnight then the change will last only another night which is not a change in the first place. Over the years, I have learned that it's okay to laugh at myself.  I can make a joke of myself or be a joke for someone, its okay.  I don't need to care what people think of me or about me. Everyone has something to say and everyone has a Damn opinion about you. That's okay that's what humans do anyways.


Learning to laugh at yourself starts with a gif



I have learned to face whatever future brings and still be happy and laugh at myself either it works in my favor or work for the happiness of others. Life is a trade-off.

10 Years ago I would not have been able to say the same. These past 10 years and the learning are my intervention. I am thankful for the experiences.
The day I decided not to make any excuses about whatever life throws at me, that very moment winning became a guarantee. The Almighty wants you, me and everyone of us to win.

Sometimes life brings certain people in our lives to teach us special lessons so that we can learn from them and have better quality of life with a purpose. Even if they leave, they teach us certain impulsive behaviors, prepare us to say what's is in our heart no matter what ( even though it's not always the right approach ) and they teach us to be a better leader and executor irrespective of the circumstances.


I have spent 1/3 of my life on this planet Earth in North America. After spending a decade specially in the Southern part of the continent. In addition to not only experiencing and learning the 'Y'all hospitality'  I have learned to appreciate the simple living of a southerner gentleman at the same time. No matter wherever I move next in the world, if I have to take something back with me in addition to the values and right to protect myself.  I want to take back western spirit of ambition and hustle as well.

I know as a human my life is limited on this planet and my journey lies ahead. I have decided to document my limited journey as well.

I document my micro struggles and mistakes. I document my momentarily thoughts and ideas so that if I live a little longer I can look back and appreciate what life offered me in the past, what did I make out of it and what is waiting for me in future.

Time is a vapor and always fleeting.  I know my life is different every next moment. It is different now and it will be different in a couple of weeks from now on-wards.

Once I know I can laugh at myself and I am the master of my own happiness. I document and share and say what I want my life to be.


This little practice has helped me shape and curate the stories out of my life. Sometimes even I don't know what's on my mind until I realize and see my micro-struggles and cravings. Thank you ' Laugh at yourself' habit.

April 25, 2018 Middle of the Night Micro Journey 


Self reflection takes place best for me when I speak and express my actions and ambitions through words. I am glad to have found people around me in recent years who listen to me patiently and support me even though sometimes I am not the best speaker or the most pleasant person to be around.  It helps me realize my priorities and keeps me on track.





April 27, 2018:  Part 1/4: ( Selected Micro-document Video)




I try to record my moments so that I can co-relate with other fleeting moments of the past or coming in future.  This mini-video documentation was done for myself so that I can see who I was, who I am becoming and what I am doing which I should not do. Nothing big happened on this day other than the validation in my brain and mindset off-load took place, so that I can keep the right tools in my brain from now on and do what I like to do rather than what is required of me to do.


April 27, 2018: Part 2/4 ( Appreciate Western Boots) 



My kinkiness for western boots becomes evident in this video and I didn't even know that. I decided to take a special trip from school to store while changing other plans. Now this is what I call impulsiveness. I needed this to get it out of my system.



April 27, 2018: Part 3/4 (  In Store  Nervousness) 



Even though I act nervous but this is the thrill of doing whatever you want to do with your life.


April 27, 2018: Part 4/4: (Post-Purchase Guilt or Denial) 




The final result of the purchase is evident in the image below and I am glad I did go out of my way to find these spiffy tan colored boots.  They have already earned thousands of air miles with me while my journey continues across North America.


Hello bad-ass ostrich leather



Another micro-documentary from October 2017




In the recent past I have had certain micro-moments which have revealed to my, my own behavior. Looking back I am glad I took those actions and initiatives. It's better to close the loop and laugh at your own mistakes and failures.

At the end of the day it's my life and I chose to live it the way I learned or try to live it with a purpose which will minimize the regret in me rather getting ignored on account of other people's expectation.
As famously said, " The world wants you to be vanilla, the moment you conform they abandon you" Sethi.

No comments: