Monday, June 25, 2018

Life of Sin and Nostalgia

I think music does not get enough credit and importance in our lives like food, water, shelter etc. If  I look back there have been certain times in my life good and bad where music was the only source of motivation and inspiration. There are certain music and themes which have been associated with certain tough times in my life as a child.

I remember certain songs even when they play on radio, the whole scene of my childhood and tragedies play in front of me. Similarly certain songs and instrumentals when I get to hear them they take me back to my journey for the last 15+ years while I am living on my own. 

I discovered 'Mr Suicide Sheep' 3 years ago. During 1st year of discovering the electronic music on Spotify,  these instrumental became a repeat on my playlist.  There are certain selected tracks which are all time favorite.

Every time I listen to those tracks I take a trip back to late 2015 era and on wards. I start visualizing Riverside drive, Riverchase, Arkansas river......... those long runs and cycling. The thoughts of scary future come flooding into my mind. The trips from Oral Roberts University to 81st drive and look at the sky from balcony.

I remember all that, nostalgia is still strong with all those good and challenging days.  I used to do at the end of certain days. When I listen to those tracks ...... I still remember making the decision to leave everything behind in Dallas and moving to Tulsa all of a sudden. I still don't remember why or how I was able to pull that decision so quickly...but the burden and anxiety was so strong that I wanted to get out of my corporate slavery routine.
Years down the road I can understand happiness within thyself is the key to happiness around you, not matter you are in big or smaller city.

Thank you Mitis - Life Of Sin  for giving some vague meaning to those moments of despair and stress.







No comments: